FALL 2021 AUXILIARY PROGRAM OFFERINGS
- ARCHERY for Grades 6+7. Students enjoy dedicated time on the North Campus archery range receiving direct instruction and practice. Dates/times: 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. on 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, and 11/16, meeting at the turf gazebo. Instructor: Mel Hoermann, auxiliary team member and certified archery instructor for Fenn and Summer Fenn Cost: $180 Maximum enrollment: 10, minimum enrollment: 4
- ARCHERY for Grades 4+5. Students enjoy dedicated time on the North Campus archery range receiving direct instruction and practice. Dates/times: 2:15 to 3:15 p.m. on 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, and 11/16, meeting at the turf gazebo. Instructor: Mel Hoermann, auxiliary team member and certified archery instructor for Fenn and the Summer Fenn Day Camp Cost: $180 Maximum enrollment: 10, minimum enrollment: 4
Important note: Students who attend this course will need to join Extended Day from 1:00 to 2:15 p.m., and students should bring their own nut-free lunch to enjoy during this time. Extended Day for these students will be offered at a discounted rate of $15 per session, and families should sign up for it during course registration. Any Extended Day attended AFTER the session will be billed at the regular, drop-in rate of $22 per hour.
- CHESS for Grades 4+5+6+7. Current and new chess students are welcome to join this hour of instruction, game play, and fun in a low-pressure environment for all levels with plenty of individual attention for each student. Dates/times: 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. on 10/19, 10/26, 11/2, 11/9, and 11/16 in room J224 Instructor: Vadim Martirosov, the Boston area's premiere youth chess coach and a highly experienced Chess Master (Highest Fide rating: 2345; Current: 2250) from the former USSR. Before immigrating to the U.S., Vadim studied chess under the supervision of Oleg Privorotsky (G. Kasparov's first coach) and has been teaching chess full-time in the U.S. for more than seven years. Many of his students have won tournaments in their age groups locally and throughout New England. Cost: $150 Maximum enrollment: 12, minimum enrollment: 6
- MAGIC THE GATHERING for Grades 4+5. MTG enthusiasts will get dedicated time to play, guidance in deck building, and the opportunity to participate in a draft. Dates/times: 4:00 to 5:15 p.m. on 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, and 11/17 in room J224 Instructor: Gabriel Magner da Costa, an Extended Day instructor and auxiliary team member, as well as base camp and specialty camps instructor for Summer Fenn Cost: $150 Maximum enrollment: 10, minimum enrollment: 4
- CHALLENGE COURSE for Grades 6+7. Students will explore team building initiatives, test out their skills on the low ropes course elements, and receive belay training. The session culminates in students tackling Fenn's 35 foot climbing tower. Dates/times: 4:00 to 5:15 p.m. on 10/20, 10/27, 11/3, 11/10, and 11/17, meeting on the turf at the gate to the climbing tower. Instructors: Corrie Fenn, an auxiliary team member, is also Summer Fenn's Challenge Course manager and has advanced certification in Adventure Programming and technical challenge course skills/safety. Kai Rogers, also an auxiliary team member and Summer Fenn Adventure staff member, will be assisting. Cost: $200 Maximum enrollment: 12, minimum enrollment: 6
Space is limited for these courses, and registrations are processed in the order in which they are received. Full payment for auxiliary courses is due at the time of registration with a credit card. No spaces will be held without payment, and no refunds will be given once courses have begun unless Fenn requires a student to be off campus due to COVID protocols.
Financial aid families should register using the "Student with Financial Aid Award" option so appropriate discounts can be applied. These families will be contacted with their fee amount and a request for payment.
REGISTRATION CLOSES AT END-OF-DAY ON FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15.