AdVANCEMENT ASSISTANT & EVENTS COORDINATOR
The Fenn School is seeking an Advancement Assistant & Events Coordinator to provide administrative support for all aspects of the Advancement program. He/she will collaborate with other Advancement staff to plan, organize, and execute all department events. In the course of his/her duties, he/she will also interface regularly with fellow Advancement staff, trustees, volunteers, donors, faculty, and school administrators. This is a full-time, twelve-month position with some evening and weekend hours.
The Advancement Assistant & Events Coordinator is an integral member of the Advancement team and will lead or assist the following areas:
Advancement Responsibilities include:
- Provides support relating to the work of the Director of Advancement, which includes scheduling meetings, producing support materials for meetings, coordinating necessary follow-up, and undertaking special projects.
- Under the direction of the Director of Advancement, manages the department budget and reconciles with the Business Office. Additionally, he/she will maintain the department’s vacation and sick-time tracker.
- Maintains inventory of stationery and orders other office supplies.
- Manages Advancement Office calendar in coordination with the school’s master calendar.
- Schedules and reserves the Advancement Office conference room for use.
- Represents the Advancement department at Fenn administrative staff meetings; helps staff special department and school events, as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Event Responsibilities include:
- Collaborates in the planning of, manages, and executes all major Advancement events, including, but not limited to, stewardship receptions, Board of Visitors’ Annual Meeting, New Parent Dinner, Alumni Reunion, campaign gatherings, Grandparents’ Day, Homecoming, and alumni regional and local events.
- Creates and oversees all communication (e.g. invitations, postcards, email blasts, etc.) related to events; manages event mailings and their assembly.
- Updates all event-related website pages, creates online event registrations, and maintains the website’s alumni events calendar.
- Updates and manages all event-related social media and website pages.
- Manages all Raiser's Edge database-related event activity; pulls event lists, manages invitation lists, tracks RSVPs, and codes attendees.
- Reconciles event revenue with the Business Office.
- Collaborates with others to develop strategies and implement special programs, as needed.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for Advancement staff, including Head of School.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge/NXT software highly desirable
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and judgment
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and resume via email to Veronica Jorge-Curtis, Director of Advancement, at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.
The Fenn School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, transgender status or disability.