Theatre Tech Teaching Position
Fenn seeks candidates for a part-time position teaching Theater Tech in grades eight and nine. Specific characteristics needed include a solid understanding of professional-grade theatrical lighting and sound, the ability to train students in the various backstage aspects of theater production, and an enthusiasm for helping boys become confident and successful Theater Tech assistants. Candidates should possess an understanding of the social, emotional, cognitive, and developmental aspects of middle school boys.
The Fenn School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body. A successful candidate will, therefore, be a proactive and collaborative educator who is also committed to the manifestation of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in the Fenn community. The ideal candidate will be able to support Fenn’s mission in all work with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Fenn strongly encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
- Teaching a Theater Tech Skills course to 8th/9th grade students Mondays and Thursdays 1:45-3:15.
- Working closely with the Drama Coordinator, including attending weekly production meetings (in person or virtually).
- Participating in Production Week rehearsals and performances in late October and early November, late February and early March, and mid-late May.
- Overseeing the ongoing maintenance of the theater's lighting and sound equipment.
- Overseeing and organizing the set and prop rooms.
- Experience with set design and construction.
- Familiarity with ETC lighting and professional sound equipment.
Fenn offers a highly competitive salary and a generous benefits package. Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for professional references via email attachment to Nat Carr, Assistant Head of School for Faculty and Professional Development, at the following email address: email@example.com. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.
The Fenn School does not discriminate in hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, marital status, military or veteran status, application for military service, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.