Buildings and Grounds Facilities Technician - Second Shift
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Hours: Evening shift hours 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., unless a situation/event calls for more time
- Daily traffic control during afternoon pick-up
- Provide on-site security, locking up, and supervising outside groups
- Minor maintenance repairs as requested by Director of Facilities
- Provide all needed support for after hour events. This could include extended working hours.
- Check all vans for fuel and fill as needed.
- Deliver boxes to offices and classrooms.
- Empty recycling containers in all areas as requested.
- Periodic cleaning after duties. Most cleaning is done by outside vendor.
- Provide support to all departments as requested.
- Perform landscaping duties including snow removal during regular and after hours and on snow days as needed.
- Assist with the set up and operation of all events and functions.
- Follow direction of facilities manager for any day to day task needed.
- Responsible to report any Buildings and Grounds problem to the facility manager.
- Assure building occupants' safety and comfort.
- Run errands as needed or requested.
- Perform security and parking duties.
- Potential weekend work hours
- Available for periodic on-call duties
- Other duties as assigned
- 5 years facility maintenance experience and/or similar experience
- Ability to get hoisting license
- Comfortable and able to do heavy lifting
- Comfortable with heights and confined spaces
- Must have a current valid driver’s license
- May be required to stay on feet and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be able to pass a background check and be fingerprinted before start of employment
- Be available to cover for time off of other second shift person as needed
- Be able to communicate with all school employees in a professional manner at all times
- May be asked to work weekend shifts for events or weather related issues
2nd shift hours. Three days per week and two days a week, alternating. 3:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. (longer if needed).
The Fenn School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staﬀ, and student body. The Fenn School does not discriminate in hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, marital status, military or veteran status, application for military service, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The School is eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Fenn oﬀers a highly competitive salary and a generous beneﬁts package. Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest and resume to David Dipersio, Director of Facilities, at the following email address: email@example.com. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.