Advancement Assistant & Events Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Advancement
Date Updated: 9/19/2022
The Advancement Assistant & Events Coordinator provides administrative support for the Director of Advancement and all aspects of the Advancement program. Additionally, he/she collaborates with other Advancement staff to plan, organize, and execute all department events. In the course of his/her duties, he/she interfaces regularly with trustees, volunteers, donors, faculty, and school administrators. This is a full-time, twelve-month position with some evening and weekend hours.
The Advancement Assistant & Events Coordinator will lead or assist in the following areas:
- Provides support relating to the work of the Director of Advancement, which includes scheduling meetings and producing support materials, coordinating necessary follow-up, and undertaking special projects
- Under the direction of the Director of Advancement, manages the department budget and reconciles with the Business Office; maintains the department’s vacation and sick-time tracker
- Maintains inventory of stationery and supplies, re-ordering proactively
- Manages Advancement Office calendar in coordination with the School’s master calendar
- Schedules use of the Advancement Office conference room
- Represents the Advancement department at Fenn administrative staff meetings
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Collaborates in the planning of all major Advancement events, including, but not limited to, stewardship receptions, Board of Visitors’ Annual Meeting, New Parent Dinner, Alumni Reunion, Grandparents’ Day, Homecoming, and alumni regional and local events; manages and executes all final plans
- Creates and oversees the production of all event collateral (i.e. invitations, save-the-date cards, blast emails); manages event mailings and their assembly
- Updates all event-related website pages, creates online event registrations, and maintains the website’s alumni events calendar; in collaboration with the Marketing & Communications Office, develops social media strategy
- Uses Raiser’s Edge database to pull and export invitation lists, create online registration forms, track RSVPs and code attendees, and to analyze event success
- Reconciles event revenue with the Business Office
- Coordinates travel arrangements for Advancement staff, including Head of School.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel; experience with Blackbaud’s Raisers Edge software highly desirable
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and judgment; ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Discretion in dealing with confidential information
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume via email attachment to Anne Ames Boudreau, Interim Director of Advancement, at the following email address: email@example.com. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.
The Fenn School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staﬀ, and student body and is eager to consider applications from traditionally underrepresented groups. The Fenn School does not discriminate in hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, marital status, military or veteran status, application for military service, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.