Fourth and Fifth Grade Teaching Position
Fenn is seeking candidates for a full-time position teaching Math, Science, and Social Studies in fourth and fifth grade and serving as a fourth grade advisor and athletics coach. A successful candidate will be a proactive and collaborative educator who can support the mission of the school and work well with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Candidates should possess an understanding of the social, emotional, and cognitive development of fourth and fifth grade boys, as well as a familiarity with current best practices for helping boys become organized students and develop a range of academic skills. Specific characteristics needed include strong classroom management skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Planning and teaching one Mathematics course, one Social Studies course, and one Science course in Fenn’s Lower School (grades four and five)
- Co-Teaching in another Lower School Math class for two periods each seven-day cycle
- Collaborating and planning with colleagues in the Math, Social Studies, and Science Departments
- As an advisor, supporting the social, emotional, and academic development of advisees in partnership with parents and the Division Head
- Athletic coaching in Fenn’s Lower School
- Completing regular formal reporting of student performance
- Informing Academic Department Chairs and the Division Head about student progress
- School duties including but not limited to recess and dismissal coverage and attending divisional lunches
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required; additional training or experience preferred
- Three or more years of teaching experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with colleagues
- A love for working with boys
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with and commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion work in a school setting
- A track record of successful classroom management skills
- Proficiency with technology in support of learning
The Fenn School is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty and student body. A successful candidate will, therefore, be a proactive and collaborative educator who is also committed to the manifestation of diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in the Fenn community. The ideal candidate will be able to support Fenn’s mission in all work with students, parents, faculty, and staff. Fenn strongly encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest, resume, statement of educational philosophy, and contact information for professional references via email attachment to Nat Carr, Assistant Head of School, at the following email address: email@example.com. Receipt of materials will be acknowledged via email.
The Fenn School does not discriminate in hiring or terms or conditions of employment on the basis of sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, age, marital status, military or veteran status, application for military service, race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.