For boys beginning Fenn’s one-to-one program in the grade 4-8, Fenn will supply a Fenn-owned iPad.
For boys in Fenn’s one-to-one program in grade 9, we are asking families to purchase the iPad, protective case, and earbuds directly.
Recommended for 2021-2022 is the 10.2-inch iPad Wi-Fi 128GB - Space Gray (7th generation).
We also recommend the Logitech Rugged Combo 3 case with keyboard. Note: There is a 10-12 week lead time for these cases. An alternate protective case can be found at local and online retailers.
If you can find a iPad 9.7in 128GB (6th gen; 2018 version) for sale, it will meet the minimum specs.
We recommend extended Apple Care+ for covering warranty and accidental breakage but this is a parent decision.
Yes, though every attempt will be made to hold down costs in this regard. Families may also be required to download additional paid and free apps throughout the year.
Students in grades 4-8 will have apps provided by Fenn for educational use.
This list will be Updated by September 1, 2021.
Using or Creating a Student Apple ID: If your son is 13 years old or older and he already has an Apple ID, he can use that for Fenn’s iPad program in grade 9. If he doesn’t have an Apple ID or you want to create a new one just for Fenn iPad program, you can create one during the iPad set up (for new iPads) or by using Apple’s Apple ID website: http://appleid.apple.com. Here are directions for creating an Apple ID:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203993.
- If your son is under 13 years old and in grade 9, Fenn recommends using Apple’s “Family Sharing” option to create your son’s Apple ID. To use Family Sharing, a parent must have an Apple ID and an Apple device in order to use Apple’s Family Sharing program. IMPORTANT: If your son is under 13 years old and you do not have an Apple ID or an Apple iPad or Mac to create an Apple ID with Family Sharing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your son is in grades 4-8, a Fenn Apple ID will be assigned for them to use with the Fenn owned iPad.
In order to set up Family Sharing and create an Apple ID, a parent must have:
An Apple ID signed in to iCloud and iTunes
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 8 and later, or Mac with OS X Yosemite and later
Directions to set up Family Sharing can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201088
- Fenn has no financial relationship with any of the companies mentioned in this section or any direct experience reselling iPads or other electronic devices to these companies. Therefore, no endorsement should be implied indirectly or directly by its mention of these services. The names are provided as a starting point for research.
- Buyback prices seem to be highest for devices which have not been engraved and which still have the original device charger and original charging cord.
- Some of these companies may purchase damaged or non-working devices, though obviously not for as much of a return a devices in good working condition.